If you’re planning a luxury wedding in Minneapolis, you’ll want to ensure every detail is perfect – from the dress to the flowers to the venue. Upscale venues are plentiful in Minneapolis, making it a top destination for luxury weddings. From grand ballrooms to elegant outdoor spaces, there’s a venue to fit every wedding style. But with so many amazing options to choose from, how do you narrow it down?
Here are the top 8 venues for luxury weddings in Minneapolis:
- Bavaria Downs Wedding
- The Beach Club
- White Bear Yacht Club
- Lafayette Club
- Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Hutton House
- Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
- The Minikahda Club
Whether you’re planning an intimate gathering or a large, lavish affair, these Minneapolis venues will ensure your wedding is a day to remember. As a luxury wedding photographer, I can assure you that choosing the right venue is one of the most important decisions you’ll make when planning your wedding. So I’ve created a guide to the top ten most luxurious venues in Minneapolis to help you make the best choice for your big day.
1. Bavaria Downs Wedding
For a truly luxurious experience, Bavaria Downs offers an exclusive setting for your wedding day. Located in Chaska, MN, The Edward Anne Estate sits on 270 acres of manicured grounds with a private lake, making it the perfect backdrop for your wedding photos. The Estate’s Ballroom is perfect for luxurious receptions by combining the elements of a pavilion, tent, and conservatory.
The architecture of the building is amazing, with floor-to-ceiling glass and translucent panels that let in natural light. The structure’s highest point reaches 28 feet, creating an open and airy atmosphere.
The ballroom, built as an extension to the manor, is fully climate controlled and features built-in surround sound and configurable LED lighting. The natural stone tile flooring will match your event’s lighting and décor choices. The estate features:
- An elegant ballroom with chandeliers
- A beautifully landscaped outdoor hillside ceremony area, and
- Spacious grounds perfect for weddings of all sizes.
Bavaria Downs also offers an array of amenities to make your wedding day perfect, including onsite catering, a Groom’s Club Room complete with a billiards table and bar, and an over 3,000 square foot bridal suite.
Award-winning caterer D’Amico Catering is the exclusive food, beverage, and service provider for a first-of-its-kind multi-venue campus at Bavaria Downs. D’Amico has a completely customized menu for your wedding day from twenty to thousands of guests.
This stunning venue offers a similar experience to its sister properties, A’BULAE and The Van Dusen Mansion. Schedule an introductory call to help you plan your wedding, explore the services offered at these stunning locations, and get a feel for what your wedding day could be.
2. The Beach Club
The Beach Club, located in Minneapolis, MN, is a multi-room luxury wedding venue with an outdoor solarium space for outdoor venues and a chic indoor intimate wedding space big enough to seat 40 guests. This stunning venue features high ceilings and massive, arched windows with views of the natural scenery. The space can accommodate up to 250 guests for a ceremony and seated dinner.
The Beach Club offers several services to help you plan your dream celebration. This includes bar and catering options that can be customized to fit your taste. You can also rent equipment from the club, ranging from tables and chairs to lighting and sound gear. A team of service staff will be available on the day of your event. The team makes sure everything runs smoothly so you can relax and enjoy yourself.
3. White Bear Yacht Club
If you’re looking for a breathtaking waterfront wedding & event venue in Minnesota, look no further than White Bear Yacht Club. Nestled among the panoramic views of White Bear Lake and Manitou Island, this stunning property also boasts:
- Well-kept gardens
- Sprawling lawns, and
- Gorgeous sunset scenes from the dock.
At the Clubhouse, you’ll find a warm and inviting environment that has been carefully planned out. The large bridal suite offers plenty of natural light. While the groom’s crew enjoy their own separate screened porch to get ready.
The yacht club also features an elegant ballroom for indoor weddings and a variety of amenities. This includes onsite catering, valet parking, and a bridal suite. The outdoor space can accommodate up to 200 guests for a seated dinner. Whereas the indoor venue can host up to 175.
White Bear Yacht Club is the perfect venue for couples looking for a unique, lakeside wedding day. With stunning views, well-manicured grounds, and variety of amenities, this venue has everything you need to make your wedding day perfect.
For an in-person tour, visit their website to see the space virtually. Or watch the Alexandra Robyn directed commercial to envision your wedding day at the White Bear Yacht Club today!
4. Lafayette Club
The Lafayette Club in Minnetonka Lake, MN, offers various unique spaces for up to 500 guests. With fully customizable menus and packages, this venue is perfect for couples who want a one-of-a-kind wedding day. The club rooms include:
- Classic Crystal Ballroom – Features an enclosed veranda overlooking Crystal Bay, two large crystal chandeliers, and a seating capacity of 350 guests.
- Lakeview Room – Features four crystal chandeliers, seating for 250 guests, floor-to-ceiling windows and a large deck that offer incredible views of the lake, and a 15×20 portable dance floor.
- Crystal Bay Garden – A picturesque outdoor lakeside venue that seats 250 guests.
- The Marquis Room – A pre-dinner cocktail room with wood burning fireplace and seating for 60 guests
- The Fairway Room – A smaller room with a wood-burning fireplace, built-in bar, room for 25-125 guests, and outside access to a patio with lake views.
The Lafayette Club is a venue unlike any other in the Minneapolis area. With its beautiful Crystal Bay views perfect for stunning wedding photos, versatile indoor and outdoor spaces, and customizable packages, this venue has everything you need to make your wedding day perfect.
5. Minneapolis Institute of Art
The Minneapolis Institute of Art is a world-renowned art museum that also happens to be one of the most unique and beautiful wedding venues in Minneapolis. With over 89,000 works of art spanning 5,000 years of history, there is sure to be something that catches your eye. The Institute offers three different rental spaces ideal for weddings:
- Reception Hall and MacMillan Atrium with room for 300 seated guests
- The Second Floor Corridor, Regis Fountain Court, and Bruce B. Dayton Rotunda with seating for 300 guests, and
- Target Park with an outdoor capacity of over 1,000
Mia also offers several other smaller rooms for corporate events, art studios, auditoriums for lectures, and more. For weddings, the Minneapolis Institute of Art offers various services, including:
- Support during the planning process
- Day-of-event, onsite supervision
- Access to designated galleries
- Event set-up
- Event security
- Equipment, event lighting, and signage
- Dining furniture and linens
The Minneapolis Institute of Art is the perfect venue for couples looking for a unique and elegant setting. Whether that be for their wedding day or an elegant downtown backdrop for engagement photos. With its world-renowned art collection, this venue has everything you need to make your wedding day perfect. This venue also has a variety of rental spaces and professional services to really customize your experience.
6. Hutton House
Located in Medicine Lake, MN, The Hutton House is a beautifully restored historic estate. It offers a unique setting for your Minneapolis wedding. This luxurious venue delivers original architectural details, fireplace, and a beautiful courtyard. We feel this makes for a stunning backdrop for your wedding photos, from first-look photos to family formals. The Hutton House offers amenities like:
- 12,500 square feet of indoor event space with a fireplace
- A large bar
- Tables and chairs for up to 300 guests
- An outdoor courtyard with a fire pit
- Ample onsite parking
- Private dressing rooms and lounge, and more.
The Hutton House offers luxurious suites for the couple, and a variety of services to make your wedding day perfect. This venue is the perfect mix of historic charm and modern luxury. It will surely make your wedding day one to remember.
7. Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
Look to the Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, for a truly unique wedding venue. This one-of-a-kind setting features a grand ballroom with views of the city skyline. It also hosts an adjacent outdoor patio that is perfect for your ceremony or reception.
The downtown Minneapolis hotel offers large and intimate wedding spaces to choose from. With 71,124 Square feet of total event space and 23 event rooms, there’s a space for you. The Depot also offers a variety of amenities to make your wedding day perfect. This includes full catering service and professional wedding planners, valet parking, guest rooms, and more.
8. The Minikahda Club
The picturesque Minikahda Club, features stunning views of the metropolitan skyline and lake. It truly is one of Minneapolis’ most sought-after venues. The Minikahda Club is a private country club located just west of Bde Maka Ska, overlooking the lake. It is the oldest country club west of the Mississippi River.
The venue features several beautiful event spaces, including an outdoor terrace overlooking the lake. But my personal favorite is the grand ballroom.
The Minikahda Club can help you design the wedding of your dreams. Host a pre-dinner cocktail party on the Deck or Croquet lawn before moving to the Ballroom for dinner and dancing. With options for indoor and outdoor ceremonies, your ceremony can also be held on the Croquet lawn with Lake Calhoun as a backdrop.
Book Your Luxury Dream Wedding Day
Luxury weddings in Minneapolis are truly one-of-a-kind experiences. With various unique and luxurious venues to choose from, we can absolutely find your perfect venue for your wedding day. Wedding photography at any of these venues will be an unforgettable experience.
Alexandra Robyn and her photography services are the perfect way to capture your one-of-a-kind wedding day. Alexandra will work with you to plan out every detail and custom design your wedding photography experience. Book your wedding photography at one of these luxurious venues today.
- Here Comes the Guide: Luxury Wedding Venues in Minneapolis
- Alexandra Robyn: The Value of Wedding Photography
- Alexandra Robyn: Bavaria Downs Wedding
- Bavaria Downs: The Edward Anne Estate
- Bavaria Downs: Groom’s Club Room
- Bavaria Downs: Schedule a Call
- The Knot: The Beach Club Minneapolis
- Alexandra Robyn: White Bear Yacht Club
- White Bear Yacht Club: Contact
- Lafayette Club: Home
- Alexandra Robyn: Classic Lafayette Country Club Wedding
- Minneapolis Institute of Art: Private Weddings
- Alexandra Robyn: Downtown Engagement
- Hutton House: Weddings
- Hutton House: Contact
- Marriott: Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel
- Alexandra Robyn: Brooke + Jon: Downtown Minneapolis Depot Wedding
- The Minikahda Club: Home
- The Knot: Minikahda Club
- Alexandra Robyn: 3 Emotional Reasons to Have a First Look
- Alexandra Robyn: Contact